The antimicrobial properties of Origanum vulgare ssp. hirtum essential oil and its substance “carvacrol” have been proved. These properties refer to microorganisms such as some pathogenic fungus, yeasts and bacteria which are growing in leftovers, pathogenic microorganisms which infect humans and animals and plant pathpgenic microorganisms (Husnu Can Baser, 2008 ).
ESSENTIAL OIL OREGANO
Beauty and health
✅ Origanum vulgare ssp. hirtum essential oil is antiseptic and antimicrobial, so it can be applied to your nails for clearance and strengthening. Dilute 1 drop of Origanum vulgare ssp. hirtum essential oil to10 ml carrier oil (such as almond oil), use a cotton swab and rub the oil on the surface of your nails.
✅ To fight off dandruff, lice and dry skin of your scalp , put 2-3 drops of Origanum vulgare ssp. hirtum essential oil in 2 tablespoons shampoo and wash your hair!
✅ To relieve your sore joints you can dilute 6 drops of essential oil in 30 ml carrier oil (such as almond oil) and rub the sore area or enjoy a massage!
✅ Origanum vulgare ssp. hirtum essential oil can be used as a decongestant to relieve the first symptoms of common cold. You need only to fill a bowl with boiled water and drip 3-5 drops of essential oil. Inhale and you will feel better soon!
✅ Origanum vulgare ssp. hirtum essential oil is very helpful for the oral hygiene because it is active as an antiseptic. Drip 1 drop of essential oil in your toothpaste an brush your teeth.
✅ Origanum vulgare ssp. hirtum essential oil have shown high antifungal activity against three pathogenic fungus (Malassezia furfur, Trichophyton rubrum, Trichosporon beigelii) which can cause superficial skin infections to humans. Therefore, being activate as an antimicrobial it can be used for relief and disinfection in case of acne, skin infections etc. Dilute 6 drops of essential oil in 10 ml olive oil and rub the sore area!
✅ If you like the smell of Origanum vulgare ssp. hirtum and you would like to disinfect the atmosphere of your home too, put some drops of essential oil in a vaporizer and enjoy!
✅ Put 20 drops of Origanum vulgare ssp. hirtum essential oil in 250 ml of water and use a sprayer to perfume and disinfect your room’s atmosphere. At the same time you will wipe out the pesky ants!
✅ Origanum vulgare ssp. hirtum essential oil is known for its antifungal properties against vegetable pathogens and against pathogens which are growing after the harvest. This is because of its substances “carvacrol”, and “thymol” (Wogiatzi et al., 2009).Thus, you can spray your plants in order to fight off the pesky pests!
Resent researches have revealed that Origanum vulgare ssp. hirtum essential oil has a wide range of biological properties: antifungal and antimicrobial action against pathogens which infect animals and cause damage to food. In addition substances of Origanum vulgare ssp. hirtum and its essential oil can protect the plants and prevent agricultural products from infections caused by insects and pests during the storage. Because of these properties the use of Origanum vulgare ssp. hirtum essential oil as a substance of the animals feed, has been studied (Katsiotis & Chatzopoulou, 2010).
Allergic reaction test
In order to confirm that you aren’t allergic or sensitive to a particular essential oil and to make sure that it won’t cause an irritation to your skin you should do a quick test. Dilute 1 drop of essential oil in 1⁄2 teaspoon of olive oil. Apply this to a small area of your skin first (elbow, forearm, arm) .Wait for 24 hours. If during this time you don’t get any irritation, you can continue the use.
Precautions – safe usage
- It should be used always diluted (dilution up to 1.1%) in a carrier oil , as it can cause skin irritation or burn (Tisserand & Balacs 1995, Martins et al., 2014). You should avoid skin contact while the essential oil is not diluted. In case of skin contact with the undiluted essential oil please wash out with water and soap.
- Don’t use this essential oil if you have sensitive or damaged skin (Tisserand & Balacs 1995, Martins et al., 2014) or if you are allergic to it. In case of an irritation or an adverse reaction please consult your doctor.
- Don’t apply the oil to your eyes and generally avoid the contact with sensitive areas. If there is an eye contact wash out with water for about 15 minutes. Remove your contact lenses and consult your doctor if you feel discomfort.
- Avoid the use during pregnancy and breastfeeding (Longe 2015, Tisserand & Balacs 1995, Vanaclocha & Cañigueral 2003, Martins et al., 2014).
- Keep this product away from kids and pets.
- Keep the product in a cool, dark place and away from heat sources (be carefulit is flammable).
- Wash your hands after the use of this product.
- Don’t eat, drink or smoke when you use this product.
- In case of an ingestion of a large amount of the undiluted product pleaseconsult your doctor.